Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Valentine

Training is going well.  I feel like a regular workout schedule is becoming the "norm".  My goal was to get in the habit of a daily workout schedule by the beginning of the marathon training plan (Feb. 20)!  I can't believe that we are already approaching mid-February (Valentine's Day).
So.... appropriate timing to mention how lucky I am to have my husband, Chris, as my super-special valentine.  I know.... blah, blah, mushy.  But, he deserves the recognition.  The best part of having "that someone special" is being able to share in all of life's adventures! Words alone could not give him enough credit for his role in my (our) running life.  Not only is he my #1 in cheering, motivation, and the occasional kick in the rear, but he is also the one who enables me to carry out this crazy running/workout schedule (with the busy career and family).  I could not do it without him!
What makes it so super-special is that he is sharing in ALL of it with me. It wasn't always this way.  When I started running he was supportive from the sidelines.  As I began to catch the running "bug", he was inspired to try it too.  Well, its been a long road for both of us.  He's gone through the ups and downs of a beginning runner behind my schedule of gaining strength and speed.  He stuck through the frustration and pains while continuing to support all of my event goals.  He has trained and enabled me to train (true love).  Then came this crazy idea to do a full marathon.  He trained with me in the fall and was psyched up getting ready for the event.  My injury occurred at the peak of training and he was in the thick of super long runs and feeling ready.  He chose to make the ultimate sacrifice and wait to run the marathon with me.  He spared me from the sidelines that he has familiarly endured.  He was ready and would have loved the accomplished feeling of his own event.  True love.  True sacrifice.  Not only did he agree to run an absurd amount of miles, but he is training along my side.  We have our own workout schedule and our own pace, but we share in the hurdles and benefits of this journey.  Thank you, dear, for joining me in this life adventure and being my true valentine.
Want to go on a long run together (or at least celebrate one together)?
Workouts:
Last weeks mileage total was 26.2 (ironically).  Still thinking this is impossible in one run.
This week:
Sunday, 2/5:  10 miles!  woohooo
Mon., 2/6:  cross-train:  turbokick (always moving, love this workout!)
Tues., 2/7:  cross-train:  extreme results gym (live in Toledo?... got to try this circuit workout!)
Wed., 2/8:  5.3 miles:  made it at an 8:08 pace, another woohoo
Thurs., 2/9:  5.2 miles

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome your hubby runs with you! what a blessing! My hubby isn't convinced yet! :) Good luck on your training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay... love this post and love you two. What a great team!

    ReplyDelete